If you're looking to boost your energy and calm your mind, Qigong can help!
If you can relate to any of the following, then Qigong would benefit you.
- You want to find your chill
- You are becoming more impatient
- You are stressed, anxious or tired
- You find sitting still or traditional meditation difficult
- You have a restless mind or a wandering brain
What is it?
- It's a moving meditation using simple, graceful and flowing movements
- It is very similar to tai chi and means 'energy exercise'
- Movement developed in China over 3000 years ago and still practiced around the world today
How does it work?
- The movements move the energy (Qi) through the body's channels in order to create flow, strength and balance
- This combination of posture, breathing, intention and repetitive movements helps to release stress and anxiety.
- Each class begins with a gentle warm up of the body, followed by the teaching and flow of the movements.
What do you gain?
- Increased energy and a focused mind
- Increased strength
- Improved balance, stamina and flexibility
What else do I need to know?
- Only loose comfortable clothing required
- No special equipment required, no mats, no weights, no lycra
- There is no sitting, chanting or difficult poses involved
- Beginners and all ages warmly welcomed
Dates, Times & Cost
Time: 9:30-10:30am BST
£6 per class
Jennie is a London based teacher originally from Australia, having trained in Qi Gong with Forest rock school in Bali, she is also a level 2 Reiki practitioner,
She is passionate about wellbeing and qigong and how it has the ability to positively change lives - including her own. Previously working in the finance industry in event management, she noticed the benefits of her own qigong practice within her stressful and fast paced lifestyle, which led her to pursue teaching to share this modality with others.
Her personal qigong journey began in 2017, but she still remembers her grandma as a source of inspiration and practicing everyday when she was a little girl, so this has come full circle for her as a practice incorporated in daily life.
Jennie’s teaching is relaxed and fun, focusing on the breath, peace and calmness. She believes everyone can cultivate and strengthen their own personal energy source through the practice of Qi Gong and looks forward to teaching you.