Music: Liam Noon
Words: Susan Gray
On Stage - Live Performance: 9:00pm - 9:45pm, 7 August, £15/£5
Live Online - Interactive Broadcast: 8:45pm - 10:00pm, 10 August, £1
On Demand - Interactive Broadcast Recording: 10 August - 7 September, £1
In the late 21st century, the only world they know is one of dogma and manufactured convention. Can two recent graduates of a top-tier E-Sports academy prepare for the most important video game tournament of their lives… and are they prepared for the compromises they would have to make to their belief systems and their friendship in a world with a power structure that seeks to manipulate them to serve the powers that be? Motherlode is a cyberpunk story of hacking, power dynamics and confirmation bias.
The interactive broadcast includes a Q&A with the creators of the show.
Age range: PG-13 (strong language)
Content advisories: mental ill-health, strobe lighting, strong language, violence (in a video game)
We ask our audiences to stay home if there is any risk of infection, and to stick to 2 metre social distancing at all times.
We continue to:
- Reduce the number of people using spaces in the building
- Maintain COVID safe cleaning regimes
- Make available bottles of hand sanitiser and wipes throughout the building
- Open all the doors and windows to aid air-flow and fill the place with potted plants that cheer us all up (and calm us all down).
For this show we are keeping managed social distancing in place.
We also request that everyone wear a mask when moving around the building, wash their hands often and practice self-distancing. Our companies and audiences will include Clinically Extremely Vulnerable people. We want everyone to feel and be safe.
- You will be asked to queue outside in your bubbles, so wear weather-relevant clothes and let us know if you or anyone you know has a mobility or standing difficulty by emailing the Box Office.
- We will check you in on arrival. You may be asked for ID so please have some handy.
- We will show you straight into the auditorium - unless you need to use the facilities - where you will be seated in your bubbles
- There will be one way systems in place. Our gorgeous stewards will guide you and show you how to leave should you need to.
- In the auditorium, another gorgeous steward will check our seating plan and show you to your seat(s). Like in a restaurant.
We will be running a normal bar service with extra tables for your drinking comfort.
For more information on how things work, have a look at our dedicated Covid:19 page.