Music, Words, and Concept: Lore Lixenberg
On Stage - Live Performance: 9:10pm - 9:50pm, 6 August, £15/£5
Live Online - Interactive Broadcast: 9:00pm - 10:30pm, 9 August, £1
On Demand - Interactive Broadcast Recording: 9 August - 6 September, £1
Is it an app?? No! Is it an opera?? No! It’s an APP-ERA!!
The Voice Party and Tête à Tête invite you to take part in a prototype experiment in what is possibly the first in a new APP-eratic form.
SINGLR is an app designed to encourage meetings between beautiful like-minds and voices for friendship, for a date or simply for some vocal fun if you are in quarantine! With SINGLR, the user profile is the voice and nothing more! No words or speaking are allowed, no photos, and no info about the participant at all apart from their voice, and it is this complex vocalisation that forms the ‘sonic shape’ avatar that represents the performer throughout the performance. Imagine the delightfully cheesy dating programmes “Take Me Out”, “The Undateables” and “Love is Blind” combined with Stockhausen’s Licht cycle!
Through the experience you will be sent daily ‘tasks’ in the form of new people to vocalise to, mini-videos and podcasts on the art of extended vocals, and wild card tips and advice on all things extended-vocal to spark your imagination and confidence.
The meeting point is a fabulous curated salon where SINGLRS will meet at the Cockpit for the first time in a COVID-19 safe environment.
The app will be running for a limited time leading up to the festival. Please contact Tête à Tête if you want to take part in this unique experiment in the operatic form.
The interactive broadcast includes a witnessing of the live event, and a discussion of it in extended vocal technique.
Age range: All ages, but mostly adults
We ask our audiences to stay home if there is any risk of infection, and to stick to 2 metre social distancing at all times.
We continue to:
- Reduce the number of people using spaces in the building
- Maintain COVID safe cleaning regimes
- Make available bottles of hand sanitiser and wipes throughout the building
- Open all the doors and windows to aid air-flow and fill the place with potted plants that cheer us all up (and calm us all down).
For this show we are keeping managed social distancing in place.
We also request that everyone wear a mask when moving around the building, wash their hands often and practice self-distancing. Our companies and audiences will include Clinically Extremely Vulnerable people. We want everyone to feel and be safe.
- You will be asked to queue outside in your bubbles, so wear weather-relevant clothes and let us know if you or anyone you know has a mobility or standing difficulty by emailing the Box Office.
- We will check you in on arrival. You may be asked for ID so please have some handy.
- We will show you straight into the auditorium - unless you need to use the facilities - where you will be seated in your bubbles
- There will be one way systems in place. Our gorgeous stewards will guide you and show you how to leave should you need to.
- In the auditorium, another gorgeous steward will check our seating plan and show you to your seat(s). Like in a restaurant.
We will be running a normal bar service with extra tables for your drinking comfort.
For more information on how things work, have a look at our dedicated Covid:19 page.