Music and Words: Darren Berry
On Stage - Live Performance: 7:00pm - 8:50pm, 29 July, £15/£5
Live Online - Interactive Broadcast: 7:30pm - 9:30pm, 1 August, £1
On Demand - Interactive Broadcast Recording: 1 August - 29 August, £1
A comic opera set in 18th century Paris and a tropical jungle. One’s a fetid swamp, and the other has a lot of crocodiles.
The Marquis De Sade has lost his libido and must find it or lose his head to the chopping block of Marie Antoinette. His quest takes him to a mythical world to petition its Crocodile God of fertility, who is having libido-related problems of his own…
By utilising opera, gospel, puppetry, elixirs, profanity, irreverence and high art with low morals and swashbuckling sword fights, creator Darren Berry weaves an elaborate, engaging, cautionary tale.
The live performance will include a 30 minute interval.
The interactive broadcast includes a Q&A with the creative team, followed by a stage combat workshop.
Age range: 13 upwards
Content Advisory: Strong language and sexual themes throughout.
For this show we are keeping managed social distancing in place.
We also request that everyone wear a mask when moving around the building, wash their hands often and practice self-distancing.
- You may be asked to queue outside, so wear weather-relevant clothes and let us know if you or anyone you know has a mobility or standing difficulty by boxoffice [at] thecockpit [dot] org [dot] uk (emailing the Box Office).
- We will check you in on arrival. You may be asked for ID so please have some handy.
- We might show you straight into the auditorium - unless you need to use the facilities.
- There may be one way systems in place. Our gorgeous stewards will guide you.
- In the auditorium, another gorgeous steward will check our seating plan and show you to your seat(s). Like in a restaurant.